CHEVY CHASE AT HOME is a non-profit, volunteer-driven organization for Chevy Chase seniors to keep us connected and active in our community as we age in place.
MEMBERS and ASSOCIATES
Our new year begins on April 1st, 2017. Join today for bonus time with us!
Apply to Become a
(Click an Image to View Document)
Chevy Chase At Home currently serves nine neighborhoods in Chevy Chase, Maryland. To view our service area, please click CC@ H Area Map.
Maps of the individual sections are available by clicking on the links:
For those neighbors living outside our service boundaries, we are pleased to introduce the option to become a Friend of Chevy Chase At Home. Find more information here.
Member Levels and Dues
CC@ H invites neighbors who live in the areas listed above and who are generally considered to be seniors to become Members. As Members, these individuals are eligible for our full range of volunteer-provided services (see below).
- Member (Family): This membership is for households of more than one individual. The annual fee is $600 per household.
- Member (Individual): This membership is for households where one person resides. The annual fee is $450 per household.
CC@ H invites neighbors of all ages who are not members and who live in the areas listed above to become Associates.
- Associate status is for those who want to support CC@ H and enjoy the social and informational benefits, but do not need access to our volunteer-provided services. The annual fee is $300 per household ($225 of which is tax deductible).
Family and Individual Members receive these volunteer-provided services
- Transportation to medical appointments, grocery stores, events and more.
- Household assistance such as putting out recycling bins, changing smoke detector batteries and light bulbs and fixing dripping faucets.
- Technical aid and advice for snafus with your smart phone, tablet or computer.
- Friendly visits, including respite visits to provide relief breaks for caregivers.
- Medical note-taking, by volunteers trained to record information during medical appointments.
- Storm Buddy, a friendly phone call, a visit or assistance when inclement weather keeps you at home.
- Access to information and resources for in-home care.
Family and Individual Members and Associates receive these benefits
Member and Associate Application
CC@ H Benefits
- Educational programs and social events to discuss ideas, make new friends, learn new skills to improve technical competence, make jewlery or learn to knit.
- Presentations by experts and notable authors on subjects that interest you: national elections, movies, art history, fall prevention, memory loss, travel and more.
- Access to a neighbor-recommended list of businesses providing home maintenance and other services, including plumbers, electricians, roofers, heating/air conditioning experts and more.
- Discounts on geriatric care consultation from professional care managers through our nonprofit partners at Iona Senior Services and the Jewish Social Service Agency.
- Participation in member-led groups (walking, knitting, jewelry making and more).
- Discounted exercise classes, such as Gentle Pilates, balance and Zumba Gold.
- Reduced-price luncheons at La Ferme.
- CC@ H Newsletter mailed to you and e-mail event bulletins.
- Access to the member listserv to share information with others via the Internet.
The Naomi Kaminsky Membership Support Fund
Chevy Chase At Home turns no one away for financial reasons. The Naomi Kaminsky Membership Fund provides financial assistance for annual dues to persons with demonstrated need.
Questions? Please contact us by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 301-657-3115.
Return to TOP